Prep: 15min | Cook: 10mins | Total: 25min | Serving: 16 | Yield: 16 servings
What’s better than sleeping a complete 8 hours? It’s waking up with the smell of these baked doughnuts. These Baked Cinnamon Sugar Donuts are among the simplest and most delicious recipes. Baked light and fluffy cinnamon donuts in the oven, and then added generous sugar.
These Easy Baked Doughnuts reminds me of my childhood forever. I recall stopping at the donut shop and staring happily at the fresh donuts going around and around the conveyor belt before landing in a bowl of cinnamon sugar. They were, of course, fried. Yet, for these beauties, there is no need to take out the deep fryer. These Easy Baked Doughnuts are made in the oven and only take 25 minutes to make.
For the Doughnuts:
(2) cups biscuit baking mix, dry – Bisquick Baking Mix-dry GM
(⅓) cup milk, reduced fat, fluid, 2% milkfat, with added vitamin A
(1) egg, whole, raw, fresh
2 tbsp sugar, granulated
⅛ tsp spices, cinnamon, ground
For the Coating:
¼ cup butter, with salt
½ cup sugar, granulated
1. Preheat oven 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Mix baking mix, milk, egg, 2 tbsp of sugar, and cinnamon, beating vigorously for 20 strokes in a bowl with a whisk. Move the dough and knead (5) times to a floured work surface. Roll dough into the 1/2-inch thickness and cut with a floured doughnut cutter. Put doughnuts onto a baking sheet.
3. Bake for 7 to 9 minutes until cooked through and lightly browned in the preheated oven.
4. Pour melted butter into a bowl. In a separate bowl, add and place 1/2 cup sugar. Dip doughnuts into butter; transfer to sugar and lightly press until it coats the doughnuts.
1. The number of how many servings you can make depends on the size of the cutter you use.
2. You can use confectioner’s sugar if you don’t like the slight “crunch” with the granulated sugar coating.
3. You can freeze the doughnuts up until (2) months. Thaw in the fridge overnight, and in the microwave, heat it according to your preference.
Per Serving: 123.9 calories; 19.7 mg cholesterol; 215.8 mg sodium; 1.7 g protein; 17.3 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.