This amazing pistachio cake has nothing fake or unnatural about it. This rustic and chic layered naked cake, made from scratch with real pistachio and almond extract flavors, is adorned with silky cream cheese frosting. Garnish to a truly outstanding dessert with fresh berries, pistachios, and flowers. Pistachio is an underrated flavor of the dessert. Is it with the green? And that that’s just a nut? More people should give a chance to eat pistachio. Pistachios match beautifully with flavors of almond and vanilla, butter, and not to mention sugar. Did you know that the pistachio-flavored ice cream gets its flavor from almond extract? We sure use that in the pistachio cake today.
1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
2 (3 oz) packages of instant pistachio pudding mix
2 (1.3 ounces) envelopes whipped topping mix
1 1/2 cups milk
1. Add and beat cake mix, butter, soda, eggs, and pudding first pack until smooth. Pour batter into 9 x 13 inch greased plate.
2. Bake at about 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 45 minutes, or check on the cake.
3. Beat Dream Whip (TM), milk, and pudding up to stiffness; pour over cooled cake; chill.
1. The cake layers can be baked, refrigerated, and tightly sealed overnight at room temperature. The frosting can also be packed, covered, and cooled overnight. Enable it to be slightly softened 10 minutes before assembling and freezing at room temperature. When you freeze the cake or cake layers, it stays 2 to 3 months. Thaw in the cooler overnight and placed before serving / decorating at room temperature.
2. The flavor of the cake will remain even if you use salted or unsalted pistachios.
3. Every refrigerated ingredient should be at room temperature to blend the batter quickly and evenly.
4. The best part is to top the cake with goodies. The pistachio style I decorated today is a naked cake with fresh berries, fresh blossoms, and crushed pistachios. Using a bench scraper for smooth sides — you can see me using it for a naked cake in this video. Simply wipe off the frosting if you don’t care.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.