This recipe for cinnamon roll makes cinnamon rolls that are classic, homemade. They are fluffy, soft, and have vanilla glaze on top. It took me some time to develop quick cinnamon rolls that keep all traditional overnight cinnamon rolls flavor. These are great for those interested in learning how to bake with yeast.
For Cinnamon Rolls:
(1) pkg or 2 1/2 tsp. yeast
1 c water, warm
1/4 c powdered milk or buttermilk
1/2 c sugar
1/4 c cooking oil
4 c self-rising flour
For Cinnamon Roll Filling:
1 c sugar
3 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 c finely chopped pecans (optional)
(1/2 – 1) stick butter, room temperature
For Confectioner’s Sugar Glaze:
2 c confectioners’ sugar, sifted
1 tsp vanilla
3-4 tsp warm water
1. Add and dissolve the yeast into a cup of warm water. Let sit for about five minutes. Stir to ensure that the yeast dissolves.
2. Add the leaven mixture to the powdered milk, sugar, oil, and egg in a large bowl.
3. Add and mix 1 1/2 cups of flour and smoothly work in it. Gradually add 2–2 1/2 cups more flour until the dough works correctly, making it easy to handle. Cover and allow 5 minutes to rest.
4. Knead the batter to a smooth blurred surface. In a large bowl with lightly oiled sides, place the dough. Set in a warm spot, cover. Allow the batter to rise until the size doubles.
5. Knead the dough on a blurred surface and roll it in a large rectangle until it is smooth. Sprinkle butter generously at the top of the rectangular dough, and place it at room temperature.
6. Blend the cinnamon and the sugar in a small bowl and spread on the top of the buttered dough evenly.
7. Sprinkle over the sugar-cinnamon mixture with the cut pecan bits evenly. OPTIONAL
8. Roll as evenly and firmly as possible from the widest side. Cut with kitchen twine at 1-inch intervals.
9. Place them on a greased sheet of cookie or baking dish. Cover and place in a dry, warm place until doubled in size.
10. Bake for 20-30 minutes in a preheated at about 350-degree oven. Remove from the oven to start cooling. When still dry, the glaze will drizzle over.
11. TO PREPARE THE GLAZE: Add vanilla to the sifted candied sugar in a small mixing cup. Slowly, add a tsp of warm water at a time until the mixture reaches consistency to allow the warm cinnamon rolls to drizzle it over. When you do get it too thin, just add more sugar.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.