This recipe for cinnamon rolls makes cinnamon rolls classic, home-style. They ‘re fluffy, soft, and have vanilla glaze on top. It took me some time to develop quick cinnamon rolls that keep all the traditional overnight cinnamon rolls flavor. This recipe only needs one rise, which is perfect for beginners.
For the Cinnamon Rolls:
(1) pkg or 2 1/2 tsp yeast
1 c water, warm
1/4 c powdered milk or buttermilk
1/2 c sugar
1/4 c cooking oil
4 c self-rising flour
For the Cinnamon Roll Filling:
1 c sugar
3 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 c finely chopped pecans (optional)
(1/2 – 1) stick butter, room temperature
For the Confectioner’s Sugar Glaze:
2 c confectioners’ sugar, sifted
1 tsp vanilla
3-4 tsp warm water
1. In 1 cup of warm water, dissolve the yeast. Let sit for approximately 5 minutes. Stir to ensure that all the yeast dissolves.
2. Add and combine the yeast to the powdered milk, sugar, oil, and egg in a bowl.
3. Add flour slowly to 1 1/2 cups and work till smoothly. Add 2–2 1/2 c of additional flour slowly until the dough works well, making it quick to handle. Cover for 5 minutes and let rest.
4. Knead the dough until smooth onto a floured surface. Put the dough in a bowl with the sides lightly oiled. Cover and set in a warm atmosphere. Let it rise until the size doubles
5. Knead the dough to smooth on a floured surface and roll it out into a large rectangle. The room temperature butter spread evenly over the top of the dough rectangle.
6. Add and mix the cinnamon and sugar in a small cup, then scatter evenly over the buttered bread.
7. Sprinkle pieces of chopped pecan evenly over the mixture of sugar and cinnamon. (optional)
8. Fold as evenly and tightly as possible, starting at the widest side. Use kitchen twine to cut it into rolls at 1-inch intervals.
9. Place them on a greased sheet of cookie or baking dish. Cover and place in a dry, warm place until doubled in size.
10. Bake for 20-30 minutes in a preheated 350-degree oven. Remove from the oven to start cooling. Although still dry, the glaze will drizzle over.
11. TO PREPARE THE GLAZE: Add and combine vanilla to the sifted candied sugar in a small mixing cup. VERY SLOWLY add a teaspoon of warm water at a time until the mixture reaches consistency to allow the warm cinnamon rolls to drizzle it over. If you do get it too thin, just add more sugar.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.