This simple casserole recipe is filled with ground beef and loaded with cheese. It is a one-course meal that your family enjoys. It is super famous, and at all our gatherings, it is still a crowd-pleasing favorite. This Easy Burrito Casserole is good and creamy, and I like serving it with chips and salsa. I hope you enjoy it the way we do. This one is such a super easy casserole recipe that will surely be one of your favorites as well.
2 pounds ground beef
(1) package taco seasoning mix
¼ cup of water
(1) (28 oz) can mild enchilada sauce
1 (16 oz) can refried beans
(1) can whole kernel corn, drained (optional)
(8) tortillas, cut into 2-inch strips
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
1. Preheat oven at about 375 ° C
2. Prepare a large skillet over low fire.
3. Cook and mix the beef in the heated skillet for about 7 minutes until thoroughly browned and crumbly. Drain the grease.
4. Add taco seasoning and water. Cook and stir until 4-5 minutes more of the meat is cooked. Add the corn, the enchilada sauce, and the beans chopped. Stir and mix softly.
5. Place a layer of strips of tortilla onto the bottom of a baking dish.
6. Top with a layer of meat, and Mexican cheese, and more strips of tortilla. Repeat layers when needed, and end a layer of Mexican cheese.
7. Bake for about 10 minutes in the oven until the cheese is thoroughly melted and crispy.
1. When you have a family who likes a bit of heat on their Mexican dishes, just add some spicy toppings. For a little punch of spice, you could add a can of green chilies or some jalapeño peppers for an extra boost too.
2. Use lean ground beef instead of 80 percent lean beef in the burrito saves 45 calories per 4-ounce beef serving. Lean ground beef in saturated fat is also 29 percent lower.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.