Prep. time: 10 mins | Cooking: 10 mins | Total: 20 mins| Servings: 6| Yield: 6 servings
Easy Garlic-Lemon Scallops are the supreme treat when it comes to scallop recipes. Serve as a starter or main, nothing just like tender-crisp and buttery scallops melts into your mouth. This recipe is cheaper and as good as those served in the restaurant.
Scallops are a delicious mollusk that we tend to forget easily in our daily cuisine, yet it is easy to prepare and delicious. They ‘re an excellent source of zinc, selenium, vitamin B12 and phosphorus.
¾ cup butter
3 tbsp minced garlic
2 pounds large sea scallops
1 tsp salt
⅛ tsp pepper
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1. In a large skillet, add and melt butter over medium-high heat. Add and stir in garlic, cook for a few seconds until fragrant. Add scallops, then cook for several minutes on one side, and turn over, continue cooking until firm and opaque.
2. Transfer the scallops to a platter, whisk salt, pepper, and lemon juice into the butter. Pour the sauce over the scallops, then serve.
1. Consider making clarified butter (Ghee) if you do not eat butter due to the traces of lactose and casein. For a detailed opinion on the subject, you can also read my article on the place of dairy on a paleo diet.
2. Butter is always a ticket to success, but you can try using coconut oil if you like the taste, but try not to be overwhelmed by it.
3. Serve this Easy Garlic-Lemon Scallops over any type of roasted or steamed vegetables. Asparagus and spinach are two vegetables with scallops that go very well. Their distinctive green color contrasts perfectly with the scallops’ pure white.
4. A perfect golden-brown ‘crust’ should be sewn to both sides of scallop, with the sides opaque all the way through. It should be firm but slightly soft with a little bounce when touch.
Per Serving: 408 calories; 152.4 mg cholesterol; 987.9 mg sodium; 38.5 g protein; 8.9 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.