Slow cooker’s recipes are my best friend in this busy season of life. It’s the easiest way to have dinner at the table for me. Once all the kids have come from school, I can’t get into the kitchen to cook a meal. It’s hard enough to get food on the plates, pour milk and wash everyone up and down! The Easy Slow Cooker Taco Pasta is an innovative recipe with which I first fell in love.
When I made this recipe I wanted it to be as easy as possible. First, I was thinking of making the recipe necessary for no chopping, like this Taco Soup Slow Cooker Chicken. But I wanted sneaky veggies in this taco pasta, and so I added a chop bell pepper. The taste is impeccable and, after a long day, the comfort food you want is the sort of warm. Ground beef pasta and your favorite taco taste. I’m beginning to starve to think about it! My crock-pot roast is another of our favorite comfort foods.
1 pound lean ground beef
salt and pepper
1 bell pepper chopped
15 ounce can crushed tomatoes
1 cup jarred salsa I used mild
15 ounce can corn drained
3 tbsp taco seasoning
2 ½ c of water or low sodium chicken broth about 14.5 oz
12 oz shell pasta shapes (whole grain or white)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Over medium heat, heat a large skillet. Fill the beef then add salt and pepper to taste. Cook the meat, stir often until browned. Transfer the beef into the slow cooker.
2. Add and stir the bell pepper, salsa, crushed tomatoes, corn, taco seasoning, and broth or water.
3. Cook at a low temperature for 5-6 hours or 2-3 hours high.
4. Stir the pasta. Cook 10-20 minutes on high. The time of the pasta cooker varies by slow cooker, and check for doneness about 10 minutes.
5. Stir in and serve with cheddar cheese.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.