Servings: 8| Yield: 1-9 inch pie
This easy strawberry cake is a must-have in the season. You will love the perfectly sweet filling in a flakey homemade butter crust with tons of fresh strawberries. You need patience when making this recipe. It’s a simple cookie, no-frills of some sort. The pie dough is forgiving and is easy to use. You can finish the pie’s edges in any way you wish. Make sure to share this recipe with your family and friends. I hope you enjoy this one as much as I do.
1 (9 inches) pie crust, baked
1 quart fresh strawberries
1 cup white sugar
3 tbsp cornstarch
¾ cup of water
½ cup heavy whipping cream
1. Arrange half of the strawberries in baked pastry shell. In a medium saucepan, mash remaining berries and combine with the sugar. Put the saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil, often stirring.
2. Add and whisk the cornstarch and water together in a small bowl. Gradually stir in a boiling strawberry mixture with cornstarch. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring continuously for about 10 minutes, until thickened. Pour the mixture over berries in pastry shell. Before serving, allow it to chill for several hours. Whip cream until soft peaks form in a small bowl. Serve one dollop of whipped cream on each pie slice.
1. The best way to make this strawberry pie is fresh strawberries. Yet frozen strawberries should work in a pinch. Keep in mind that more moisture expels from frozen strawberries than from fresh ones. You may need to add additional cornstarch to the blend as such.
2. You’ll wait until the pie cools off before digging in. Upon trying to cut into a warm pastry, you’ll end up with a huge mess.
3. Choose any crust you want, a cookie crust is simple and easy to use but so is a frozen pre-made pie shell pre-made.
4. It’ll be fine in the refrigerator for 2-3 days
Per Serving: 265 calories; 109 mg sodium; 41.9 g carbohydrates; 1.5 g protein; 10.9 g total fat; 20 mg cholesterol.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.