No sweat dish. Very easy to make, super yummy and everyone loves it! You can even add a little kick with some chilies. Or make your own version by adding extra ingredients like maybe chopped onions. And more white sauce on top and more cheese! This Chicken Enchiladas with Sour Cream White Sauce is a big hit, even for picky eaters. I remember, during every occasion or even on an ordinary day, this dish is always on the table. This casserole by far is the most requested!
Try it and I am sure that your family will enjoy it. And because it is very easy to make, children can even help. Great bonding time for parents and kids at home!
10 small soft flour tortillas (you can use corn but I like flour with chicken)
3 tablespoons flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
2 1/2 cups shredded and cooked chicken (we like to use rotisserie chicken)
3 cups Monterey Jack cheese – shredded
3 tablespoons butter
4oz can dice green chilies (I like medium – they are not spicy at all)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a bowl, combine shredded chicken and 1 cup of cheese.
3. Fill tortillas with the combined shredded chicken and cheese mixture. Place them in a greased 9×13 pan.
4. Melt butter over medium heat.
5. Stir flour into the melted butter and whisk for 1 minute overheat.
6. Add the chicken broth and whisk together.
7. Cook over heat until thick and bubbles up.
8. Take off from the heat. Make sure that it is not too hot before adding the sour cream and chilies or else the sour cream will curdle.
9. Pour mixture over the enchiladas.
10. And of course, you can add the remaining cheese on top. (Don’t be afraid, the more cheese, the creamier!)
11. Bake for 20-23 minutes in a 350 degrees oven.
12. Then, you may want broil for another 3 minutes to brown the cheese.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.