It is hard to think about improvement on a moist and tender coffee cup with a sweet crumb top, but when you add fresh strawberries to the batter, that favorite dessert has a whole new look to taste. The food for that cake is an easy and delicious way of springtime enjoying fresh strawberries. It is surrounded by a crumb of butter, whether or not with chopped pecans or walnuts.
I even have a particular way in which I enjoy my cake. Eating coffee cake is so comforting. I’m happy to use it on a beautiful floral vintage plate, slightly warmed with a cup of tea while I look at the beauty of the morning from my window. This coffee cake with a beautifully dense but light cake, a fresh layer of strawberry, and the final crumb sugar is the perfect topping. You’ll love this cake if you enjoy strawberries and coffee.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
¼ cup butter
¾ cup white sugar
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup milk
1 ½ cups thinly sliced strawberries
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup white sugar
¼ cup butter softened
¼ cup flaked coconut
1. Preheat the oven about 175 degrees C. Grease a 9-inch pan.
2. In a bowl, beat 1/4 cup of butter, add 3/4 cup of sugar and egg. Beat until fully blend.
3. Mix 1/2 c of flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Mix flour mixture in a butter mixture, alternating with milk. Pour the batter into the pan.
4. Set strawberries on top of the batter.
5. Mix 1/2 c of flour, 1/4 c of sugar, and coconut in a bowl. Put the strawberries on top.
6. In the preheated oven, bake the cake for approximately 35 minutes, and then check if the clean whether the toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.