Prep time: 15 min | Cooking: 10 min | Total: 25 min | Servings: 4 | Yield: 4 servings
The ideal side dish, quick-saute asparagus with bacon recipe. Savory bacon pairs well with soft, grassy saute asparagus flavor. Bacon with asparagus is a low-carbon and gluten-free recipe that pairs well with just about every entrance. Bacon and asparagus are some of the easiest ways for children to get their vegetables. Most young people can’t get enough of this favorite breakfast time, and if interested, they are likely to get on the veggie train.
Asparagus is low in calories, high in carbohydrates, and filled with essential minerals and vitamins. This filling veggie, from folate to vitamin K, will surely be a daily item on your shopping list. It is a perfect choice for those who adopt a keto diet too. Just make sure you choose the high-quality stuff — the way to go is untreated and nitrate-free. We love the classic combination of bacon and asparagus so much that we added another twist to the bottom of this recipe — bacon wrapped in asparagus! Both types are great, so pick the one you want or make both.
(3) slices bacon, chopped
1 ½ tsp butter
1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
(1) shallot, thinly sliced
(1) pinch salt, or to taste
(1) pinch ground black pepper
1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a skillet, cook and stir over medium heat until crisp for 5 minutes. Discard the grease.
2. In the same skillet, melt the butter.
3. In the melted butter and bacon, cook and stir asparagus and shallot with salt and black pepper. Cover and cook, occasionally stirring until asparagus is tender for 5 minutes.
4. Transfer the asparagus mixture to a platter. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese on top.
1. For the leftovers: Rewarm the mixture, and make morning or quiche an omelet. Everything is already cooked and will be ready for heating.
2. Trim the spears with a sharp knife cutting off the rough, woody bottom-half. You can do that too by slicing off the woody part with your side — it will automatically break off.
Per Serving: 87.7 calories; 12.6 mg cholesterol; 189.7 mg sodium; 5.8 g protein; 6.8 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.