This is a favorite dish for my family that my children place in every cookbook, it’s a lovely dish full of colors and flavor. If you’re in a diet or simply looking for a vegetable in your recipe then this one is for you, this is the healthiest and simplest recipe that could result in such an aromatic and delicious dish by using single ingredients.
Cabbage is the key component of this recipe, and it also has an excellent nutrient profile. It has a very low-calorie index, and famous for its high vitamin C and healthy heart disease antioxidant, vision loss, and cancer. Cabbage is, in my view, such an underrated vegetable – it’s inexpensive, available all year round and completely delicious. This simple fried cabbage preparation is a classic recipe which pairs green cabbage with bacon. After you have tried it, you can not stop eating it.
1 lb bacon ( finely chopped)
1 medium onion (chopped)
2 lbs cabbage (finely diced)
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1. Stir-fry bacon until the fat rises and becomes crooked brown.
2. Remove the bacon, drain, and set aside on paper towels.
3. Take oil in a saucepan, heat it and add chopped onion and chopped garlic into a saucepan and stir until the onion and garlic are translucent.
4. Now add the chicken and pepper flakes, salt into the pan, and mix until the chicken is tender if you prefer placing a lid on the frying pan softer that will give it some steam.
5. Crumble the fried bacon over the saucepan and blend well.
6. You can hold for a day or two in the fridge and can be heated in a hot frying pan, but freshly made to its full.
The core of cabbage is typically tough and not optimal to eat, so you’ll want to remove your core of cabbage before proceeding with the recipe. Slice the cabbage head in half to heart the cabbage, and use a knife to slice around it to cut it.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.