This fried cabbage is cooked with bacon and onions to offer tender perfection. A super easy low carb side dish, which is ideal for any occasion. Cabbage is, in my opinion, such an underrated vegetable – it’s cheap, available all year round, and delicious. This simple fried cabbage preparation is a classic recipe which pairs green cabbage with bacon. After you try it, you will not be able to stop eating it. Cabbage contains nutrients such as vitamin K, vitamin C, potassium, and magnesium. Cabbage stimulates digestion and curbs inflammation. Cabbage promotes digestion and interferes with inflammation. It also can help reduce your blood pressure and lower cholesterol levels.
1 lb bacon ( finely chopped)
(1) medium onion (chopped)
2 lbs cabbage (finely diced)
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
(2) cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1. Add and fry bacon with occasional stirring until the fat yields, and take a crispy brown feel.
2. Remove the bacon to drain using paper towels and set aside
3. Take oil in a saucepan, heat it and add chopped onion and chopped garlic into a pan and whisk until the onion and garlic are translucent.
4. Now add the chicken and pepper flakes, salt into the pan, and mix until the chicken is tender if you prefer placing a lid on the frying pan softer that will give it some steam.
5. Crumble the fried bacon over the saucepan and blend well.
6. You can keep it for a day or two in the fridge, you can heat it in a hot frying pan but freshly making it is still the best.
A core of cabbage is usually hard and not suitable for eating, so you’ll want to remove your core of cabbage before you continue with the recipe. Cut your cabbage head in half to core the cabbage and use a knife to slice the center and remove it.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.