This recipe is a favorite family recipe that I find in our cookbook. It’s a beautiful dish full of flavor and many colors. It is addictive, so beware. If you’re on a diet, or just looking for a vegetable in your meal, then you’ll be loaded up with the Fried Cabbage with Bacon, Onion, and Garlic meal. This is the healthiest and simplest recipe that can be prepared using simple ingredients that could lead to such a delicious and flavourful dish. Cabbage is, in my opinion, such an underrated vegetable – it’s cheap, available all year round and delicious. This simple preparation of this classic recipe from cabbage, which pairs with bacon, is the best. After you have tried it, you can not stop eating it. Cabbage is one of those things most people never realize they would be cooking.
1 lb bacon ( finely chopped)
(1) medium onion (chopped)
2 lbs cabbage (finely diced)
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
(2) cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1. Add and fry bacon with occasional stirring until the fat yields and has a crispy brown look.
2. Remove the bacon to drain and set aside on paper towels.
3. Take oil in a saucepan, add chopped onion and chopped garlic to the saucepan and stir the onion and garlic until translucent.
4. Now add the chicken and pepper flakes, pour salt into the pan, and cook until the chicken is tender if you want to put a lid on the frying pan softer that will give it some steam.
5. Crumble the fried bacon in the saucepan and stir well.
6. You can hold for a day or two in the refrigerator and can reheat in a hot frying pan, but freshly made to its best.
A core of cabbage is hard and not ideal to eat, so you’ll want to remove your core of cabbage before you continue with the recipe.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.