Prep: 30mins | Cook: 1hr 45mins | Total: 2hrs15min| Servings: 48 | Yield: 48 servings
Who wouldn’t love a banana dessert? As a person who eats a banana every single day, this recipe is gold. Bananas are amongst the world’s most common fruits. Eating bananas can help lower blood pressure and can lower the risk of having cancer. They contain vital nutrients that can have protective health effects.
My mom used to make this Frozen Banana bite in the summer. It is so refreshing, and it reminds me of my favorite snack that I bought in an Asian store, it’s a dried mango with chocolate, in this case, it’s banana. You’ll have to try these Frozen Banana Bites next time you need a little snack. They are super fast and so tasty to make.
1 cup of Peanut butter, smooth style, with salt
(4) Bananas, raw
(8) (1 oz) squares Bakers Choc Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar KFT
1 tbsp Shortening, household, soybean (hydrogenated)-cottonseed (hydrogenated)
⅓ cup toffee baking bits – Hershey Skor Baking Bits HER
1. Cover a baking sheet with waxed paper.
2. Spoon on top of each banana slice a thin layer of peanut butter. Insert a toothpick through the peanut butter layer into the banana. Add and place banana bites onto the prepared baking sheet, and then freeze for 30 minutes to overnight.
3. Melt the chocolate and shortening in the top of a double boiler over simmering water, stirring frequently, and with a rubber spatula scrape down the sides to avoid scorching.
4. Cover another baking sheet with waxed paper.
5. Remove 2 to 4 banana bites from the freezer at a time, and then coat each bite with chocolate mixture. Add and place coated banana bites on the second baking sheet, sprinkle each with toffee bits. Repeat until it coats each bite. Return banana bites to freezer until set, for an hour. Allow bites to sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes before serving.
Per Serving: 75.6 calories; 1.4 mg cholesterol; 32.9 mg sodium; 1.8 g protein; 6.9 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.