Prep time: 15 min | Cook: 20 mins | Total: 35 mins | Servings: 12 | Yield: 1 dozen
These balanced Muffins with Greek Yogurt, Oatmeal, and Blueberries are the ideal snack or breakfast to get back to routine. Blueberries are great, but oatmeal muffins have always been a favorite of mine, at least before I made this muffin. Every morning, I find it very difficult to prepare my breakfast, especially when I start very early, which is why these muffins are a quick, easy source to grab while you are on the go. It is high in fiber and protein, plus it contains fresh blueberries that have a natural, fresh sweetness. Try and create your version of this Blueberry muffins with Greek yogurt and oats. Don’t forget to enjoy it with your loved ones.
(1) serving cooking spray
(2) cups all-purpose flour
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
(1 ¼) cups Greek yogurt
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
⅓ cup brown sugar
2 tbsp water
1 ½ tbsp vanilla extract
(1 ¼) cups fresh blueberries
1 tsp all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
2. Whisk 2 cups flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
3. Whisk Greek yogurt, eggs, applesauce, brown sugar, water, and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
4. Toss blueberries with a tsp of flour to prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the muffins.
5. Fold the flour mixture into the Greek yogurt mixture. Fold in blueberries. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each cup 3/4 full.
6. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, for about 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
1. It is necessary not to overmix the batter; the lumps are all right.
2. You can use either fresh or frozen blueberries. Also, you can try using any berries.
3. You can play around with the Greek yogurt varieties, too. If preferred, substitute milk with water.
Per Serving: 182.5 calories; 35.7 mg cholesterol; 270.7 mg sodium; 5.5 g protein; 31.2 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.