This American Goulash is a food made in one pot of pure comfort. Made from simple: beef, tomatoes, and macaroni. Made with simple ingredients. We name it ‘American Goulash,’ since it is not the Hungarian version with paprika and whole meat cuts, although this is called goulash. This Easy Goulash Recipe features an enormous load and the perfect way to feed a crowd. A simple skillet dinner in a fine tomato sauce, with tomatoes, beef, and macaroni noodles, is the best comfort food on a budget.
The great thing about this goulash is that the next day (or better) is one of the foods that taste as good. It is delicious, sweet, cheesy, and full of ground beef and pasta. It maintains well for a few days in the fridge but also frozen perfectly later in the week for lunches or food.
1 lb ground beef
1 small onion diced
1 tsp minced garlic
1 (15 oz) can crushed tomatoes
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp Italian seasoning
salt & pepper, to taste
1 c elbow macaroni pasta, cooked measured before cooking
grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
1. In the large pan over medium heat, brown the beef, and cook the onion, and garlic.
2. Drain the excess grease
3. Add tomatoes with juices and tomato sauce.
4. Sprinkle with sugar, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
5. Bring to a boil, mix well.
6. Reduce the heat and cook for about 10 minutes.
7. Add the pasta and mix it.
8. Simmer for an additional 5 min and then serve.
9. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, slightly grated.
1. Add more veggies, Green peppers, mushrooms, or tomatoes would be great ingredients.
2. It’s a great snack. So if you have pasta shells instead of macaroni-use them. This recipe is not supposed to be complicated!
3. Try to switch some Italian ground sausage for ground beef. Or if you have it, use turkey ground or pork ground.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.