This recipe for the classic cinnamon rolls is always a success. It is best for snacking or drinking your morning coffee. Take a pan of these with you to the office or a meeting in the morning, and you will be the hero named. You can make them into a sandwich, too. Fill the cinnamon filling mixture with some chopped nuts or raisins. The cinnamon rolls are best eaten just after they come out of the oven, but will also be delicious stored in the refrigerator and reheated the following day. Just make sure you spoon directly over the glaze before serving.
3 cups flour
1/4 c sugar
2 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/3 c shortening
(1) large egg
1 1/2 c milk
4-5 tbsp cinnamon
2 cups brown sugar
3/4 c butter softened
1. Mix your hands with the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and shorten.
2. Add and mix the egg and milk into a separate bowl.
3. Create a hole for the dry ingredients in the middle.
4. Pour the ingredients into the liquid and combine with a spoon.
5. When mix, put it in a floured countertop.
6. Roll up to 1/4 inch thick.
7. Spread over the top of softened butter.
8. Cover the butter with brown sugar and sprinkle the cinnamon over it, if you need to use more then the suggested cinnamon that is ok.
9. Roll up on the dough.
10. Cut a thickness of around 1/2 inch and put on a greased baking sheet or parchment paper.
11. Bake for 12-15 minutes, at 400. Cool down on a rack.
1. If you want to prepare these in the evening before you bake in the morning, put plastic wrap on your pan and put the rolls in the refrigerator overnight. Remove in the morning from the refrigerator and let the room temperature rise. Don’t move a pan straight from the refrigerator to the oven.
2. Sometimes, I make them like Caramel-Pecan Cinnamon Rolls, baked in the bottom of the pan with a caramel sauce, and I do them with ice-coating usually because my kids want them better.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.