If you want a green chili chicken saucepan with a kick, this may be the one for you. I discovered the basic recipes that were scouring the Internet for something I tasted like the casserole, and I tweaked this a couple of times to make it my own. Try this recipe and let your family and friends enjoy this meal.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
1 tablespoon oil, or to taste
½ cup chopped hot green chile peppers
½ cup chopped white onion
½ cup chopped bell pepper
½ cup of frozen corn
½ cup drained canned black beans
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 ¼ cups cooked shredded chicken breast
1 (28 ounces) can Hatch green chile enchilada sauce, divided
fresh cracked black pepper to taste
11 (6 inches) corn tortillas, cut into quarters, divided
2 tablespoons sour cream, divided
⅓ cup New Mexican hot green chile salsa
1 ½ cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
1. Preheat the oven about 175 degrees F
2. Saute the onion and green, bell pepper, corn, black beans, and garlic for about 5 to 7 minutes until it is soft. until tender. Put an oil at medium to high heat in a pot; remove the pot from the heat.
3. Stir into the vegetable mixture chicken, 1/2 cup enchilada sauce, and black pepper.
Put 1/4 of a cup of sauce enchilada in a saucepan of 11×17-inch.
4. Lightly coat with sour cream on one side of 18 tortilla quarters and arrange on the casserole dish, with sour cream.
5. Place over the tortilla layer 1/2 of the chicken mixture.
6. Mix the remaining chicken mixture with green chili salsa.
7. Sprinkle 1/2 cup Mexican cheese blend in a casserole dish over the layer of the chicken mix. 1/2 cup Mexican cheese blend. Cover and add 1/2 cup Mexican cheese blend, cover the sauce over the tortilla layer.
8. Put 14 quarters of the tortilla lightly over the cheese layer with sour cream and put the cheese in a sour cream-side down. Sprinkle 1 cup of an enchilada with remaining cheese. Spread over tortillas.
9. In a preheated oven, bake 20 to 25 minutes until the cheese is bubbling.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.