Prep: 20mins | Cook: 1hr5mins | Total: 1hr25mins | Servings: 10 | Yield: 10 ears of corn
It’s my personal opinion that everything is better with bacon, and I have a feeling that once you try corn wrapped in bacon, you too will be a believer. The bacon is bringing magnificent smoky saltiness to the grain. The corn is a must for a bbq or cookout. It goes well with burgers, hot dogs, and chicken bbq you name it. Bacon’s saltiness evokes the sweetness of grain, and grilling adds the mellow smokiness. Don’t worry if you see charring — it mainly affects the husk, and will give the kernels a deeper flavor. Try this recipe for Grilled Bacon-Wrapped Corn on the Cob, and don’t forget to enjoy it.
(10) ears Corn, sweet, yellow, raw
(1) pinch Cajun Seasoning LF
(1) pinch Salt, table
(1) (1 lb) package Pork, cured, bacon, raw
(10) eaches aluminum foil
1. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
2. Add and sprinkle each ear of corn with Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper, and wrap each ear with (2) slices of bacon, covering the ear as completely as possible. (A big ear might need (3) pieces of bacon.) Wrap the ears in aluminum foil, twisting the ends tightly to seal.
3. Add and place the wrapped corn on the preheated grill and grill on high heat until the corn is hot, about 10 minutes per side. Turn the heat to low, and grill the corn for 45 minutes until the bacon cooks and the corn is tender.
1. Do not use the thick-cut form of bacon. You will end up spending more time cooking it because it won’t crisp as fast as the other ones.
2. For best flavor, buy corn from your local farmers market and cook it the same day you purchase it. Corn is as its sweetest the day it got picked.
3. Wrap the corn loosely instead of rightly wrapping it.
4. If you want your corn to be spicy, just add a pinch or two of cayenne pepper. If not, then stick to the ingredients mentioned above.
Per Serving: 285.4 calories; 30.8 mg cholesterol; 422.6 mg sodium; 8.2 g protein; 17.5 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.