Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins | Marinade: 1 hr | Total Time: 15 mins | Servings: 8
Juicy chicken marinated in a luscious cilantro and lime marinade and grilled to perfection. The perfect summer chicken meal with a zesty punch! Super simple, incredibly delicious, and fresh!
8 Boneless skinless chicken breasts about 2 pounds
2/3 bunch fresh cilantro
zest of 1 lime
3 tablespoons lime juice about 2 limes
3 cloves garlic chopped
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
How to make Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken
Step 1: To a blender or food processor, place the marinade ingredients. Pulse until you have a smooth mixture.
Step 2: To a large freezer-safe sealable bag, add the chicken breasts, then the marinade. Before sealing the bag tightly, press the air out. Around the chicken, gently press the marinade to coat the cutlets well. Place in the fridge to marinate the chicken for an hour or overnight. If time permits, I suggest marinating overnight to enhance the juiciness and flavour of the chicken.
Step 3: With oil, grease a grill or heavy-bottomed pan and heat on medium-high heat. Once hot, place the marinated chicken breasts on the grill and cook for about 5 minutes per side, undisturbed, until the chicken is charred and cooked through.
Step 4: Before serving, garnish the chicken thighs with fresh cilantro leaves and some lime wedges if preferred.
1. For this lime chicken, I suggest using thin-sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts to make things quick.
2. To help cook the meat evenly, pound the boneless, skinless chicken breasts to an even thickness.
3. To let the flavour seep in and tenderize the chicken breast, allow the chicken to marinate for at least an hour in the fridge.
4. You can cook the chicken either on the grill or in a heavy-bottomed pan.
5. So the chicken will not be overcooked, cook the chicken straight from the fridge.
6. To prevent the chicken from tearing when you flip it, do not forget to lightly grease the grill with oil before cooking the chicken.
7. If desired, set some of the marinades aside to drizzle over the chicken when done.
8. To marinate the chicken, you can also use non-reactive materials such as stainless steel, glass, or ceramic if sealable bags are not on hand.
Calories: 165kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 423mg | Potassium: 440mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 169IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.