If I have one dish that I can probably eat every day, all day, that is enchilada! I love how tasty and easy this recipe is. All the ingredients you can probably have in your kitchen!
1 Tbsp vegetable oil plus additional for frying the tortillas
1/2 cup onion finely diced
1 jalapeno minced and seeds removed
4 cloves of garlic minced
1 pound 93/7 lean ground beef
1 cup beef broth low sodium
2 8 oz cans of tomato sauce good quality
2 Tbsp chilli powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbsp cilantro chopped
12 corn tortillas
16 oz of Colby-jack cheese shredded
sour cream for serving
How to cook Ground Beef Enchiladas Recipe
1. In a large pan, sauté onions and jalapeño over medium-low heat for about 2-3 minutes or until onions start to soften and turn translucent. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 more minute. You have to increase the heat upon adding the ground beef. Once ground beef is cooked, add the beef broth, tomato sauce, chilli powder, sugar, cumin, salt, and pepper. Give it a good stir to combine. Let it simmer over low heat for 10 minutes or until the sauce has reduced slightly.
2. Grab another skillet, pour, and heat and vegetable oil for lightly frying corn tortillas. Make sure that tortillas should still be pliable for rolling. Set tortillas aside with paper towels between each layer.
3. Going back to the sauce. Once the sauce has reduced slightly, stir in 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro.
4. Now, preheat oven to 400 degrees to prepare for baking. Spray non stick cooking spray on a 9×13-inch baking dish.
5. This is the fun part! To assemble enchiladas, let’s start by adding 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce mixture in the bottom of the baking pan. I advise that you use a slotted spoon to evenly divide the meat mixture into each of the tortillas. Then divide 8 oz of cheese between all 12 enchiladas, roll and place seam side down in the baking dish. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over rolled enchiladas. Don’t forget to top them with the remaining cheese!
6. Let’s put those babies in the oven! First cover dish with foil put in the microwave and bake at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.
7. Finally, it’s done! Smell that? It’s heaven! But before serving I suggest sprinkling it with additional fresh cilantro and sour cream.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.