This homemade breadstick garlic cheese recipe will put a shame on your local pizzeria. An addictive sauce of garlic butter and gooey is a wonderfully softer yet crispy dough. Serve for a friendly twist with pizza sauce or with my southern sauce spaghetti. This recipe for garlic cheese breadsticks puts Pizza Hut and all of the country’s restaurant chains to shame. The breadsticks begin with my simple recipe for pizza dough, which is beautifully chewy and flavourful (thanks to a touch of garlic salt) on the inside but crispy out. Don’t you believe me, right? Make these things up and see for yourself. In reality, on emotional eating days, it will be perfectly fine, which I give myself once a month.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp dry active yeast
3/4-1 cup lukewarm water
1 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp salted butter
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Italian seasoning
2 cups Italian shredded cheese blend
1/2- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
parsley for garnish
Optional: warm pizza sauce for serving
1. Whisk together flour, garlic salt, sugar, yeast in a medium-sized bowl and pour it gradually in water.
2. Mix the dough until formed
3. For a minute, using your hands, knead and shape a ball.
4. In a separate bowl, spread 1 tablespoon of olive oil and move the pizza dough to that bowl. Cover for 1 hour with a paper towel or until the dough has doubled.
5. Preheat oven at about 425 degrees C.
6. Roll out dough or baking sheet on your pizza stone.
7. In a small cup, add butter, garlic powder and Italian seasoning, and microwave until melted. Whisk then brush on dough.
8. Sprinkle dough with shredded cheese then sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with the parsley, lastly.
9. Bake until dough is browned and the cheese melts and golden for 15-17 minutes.
10. Break the bread into pieces, and if desired, serve with moist pizza sauce.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.