Possibly this is one of my children’s favorite foods. I think they should eat this for breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner. I like that in 30 minutes this meal is ready. Such Simple Ground Beef and Broccoli, Fluffy Sausage Tortellini Soup, and One-Pot Pizza Pasta are just a few of our favorites.
I never was a fan of boxed products, it’s too salty and it’s full of ingredients that I didn’t even realize existed. This easy, homemade recipe from Hamburger Helper has ground beef, macaroni, and a sweet cheesy cheddar sauce that children and adults will love. A complete comfort food ready for about 30 minutes
1 lb ground beef
1 cup dry macaroni noodles
1 cup hot water
2 cups of milk
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp paprika
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp mustard powder
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1. Cook beef in medium heat until browned and remove the grease in a big pan.
2. Add all of the remaining ingredients, except the milk, to the skillet and whisk to mix.
3. Take to a boil, cover, and reduce to a simmer. Let them cook for 12 minutes.
4. Remove from oil, stir in and cover with cheese. Let sit for 2 minutes, then mix and combine. Serve, and have fun.
1. For the best results, I recommend grating your cheddar.
2. Like others with plenty of pasta, this recipe soaks up the liquid the longer you leave it. The leftovers will be drier (but still tasty) than when made freshly.
3. Just like with any recipe, feel free to tailor seasonings to your taste. You can also add more garlic, some hot sauce to the chili powder, and so on to make it good for your taste buds. I wanted to make this a healthy, crowd-pleasing base recipe for dressing up when needed.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.