Prep Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 15 mins | Yield: 18
A homemade Peanut Brittle that requires nothing but a microwave and few simple ingredients. This no-fuss, super easy, and quick treat goes way back.
1 cup of sugar
1 cup dry-roasted peanuts
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE PEANUT BRITTLE
Step 1: Using a silicone mat or non-stick spray, line a baking sheet and set aside.
Step 2: Add the sugar, peanuts, corn syrup, and salt in a medium microwave-safe bowl that comes with a lid. Microwave for 2 minutes and 30 seconds, covered.
Step 3: Take the bowl out of the microwave and briskly stir. Return in the microwave, covered, for 2 minutes and 45 seconds more.
Step 4: Remove the bowl from the microwave and immediately stir in the margarine and vanilla extract. Again, cover and microwave for an additional 1 minute and 45 seconds.
Step 5: Then, stir in the baking soda, mixing quickly.
Step 6: Transfer the mixture in the prepared baking sheet and spread.
Step 7: Spread the brittle with two forks in an even layer.
Step 8: Let the brittle cool for at least 45 minutes before breaking into pieces.
1. I recommend to prepare and measure all the ingredients ahead as you need to move quickly when making this.
2. For this recipe uses a 1200 watt microwave. For different microwave wattage, adjust the cooking time accordingly.
3. To make sure that the brittle will not burn, you must cover the bowl.
4. The brittle will turn out sticky if not heated enough or if there’s a lot of humidity. If a candy thermometer is available, use it and the temperature should reach 305 to 310 degrees.
5. Place the brittles in an airtight container and store for up to a week.
Calories 93 | Total Fat 4.3g 5% | Cholesterol 0mg 0% | Sodium 206.6mg 9% | Total Carbohydrate 12.7g 5% | Sugars 11.7g | Protein 2.1g 4% | Vitamin A1% | Vitamin C1%
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.