Prep time: 4 mins | Cook time: 8 mins | Total time: 12 mins | Servings: 4
Most of the time, simple is better. With the short list of ingredients, you will be surprised at how savoury this dish is. And the amazing honey garlic sauce is not only perfect for chicken but is very good with either tofu, prawns, or fish!
500 grams / 1 pound chicken breast, boneless and skinless (2 pieces)
Salt and pepper
1/4 c. (60 grams) flour
3.5 tablespoons (50 grams) unsalted butter (or 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1.5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or white or other clear vinegar)
1 tablespoon soy sauce, light or all-purpose
1/3 c. (90 grams) honey or maple syrup
How to make Honey Garlic Chicken Breast
Step 1: To make a total of 4 steaks, slice the breasts horizontally in half. Then, season both sides with salt and pepper.
Step 2: In a shallow dish, place the flour. Dredge the chicken into the flour and shake the excess off.
Step 3: In a large skillet, melt most of the butter over high heat. Make sure to set aside a tsp of butter later. Once the butter has melted, add the chicken to the skillet and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes until golden. Flip and continue to cook the other side for another minute.
Step 4: Slightly adjust the heat to medium-high. In the pan, make space for the garlic. Top it with the rest of the butter. Once the butter has melted, stir the garlic briefly.
Step 5: To the pan, add the vinegar, soy sauce, and honey, then shake to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook for about a minute until the sauce has slightly thickened. In the sauce, coat the chicken. Add a touch of water if the sauce is too thick, stirring.
Step 6: Immediately take the pan away from the heat. To serve, transfer the chicken on plates and drizzle with the sauce.
1. To make this dish gluten-free, use cornflour or cornstarch instead.
2. For this recipe, light or all-purpose soy sauce is the best. I do not suggest using Dark Soy Sauce as the flavour will dominate the dish.
3. You can use the sauce for any protein that is suited for searing in a pan like chops, steaks, or cutlets. Just follow the recipe as is including the dusting of flour and adjust the cooking time accordingly. And make sure to add the garlic and the sauce ingredients before your choice of protein are completely cook to ensure that the meat finishes cooking as the sauce is reduced into a consistency of a syrup.
4. To make this recipe, use firm tofu. Slice to about 0.75cm or 1/4-inch thick. Pat the steaks dry, grease with oil, and season with salt and pepper before lightly coating with flour. With oil, coat the bottom of the skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Once hot, cook the tofu for a minute per side until crispy. Transfer on paper towels to drain when done. If making the sauce in a small saucepan or skillet, use only 2 tbsp or 30 grams butter and pick up step 4.
5. This dish is perfect with large prawns, too! Thaw if using frozen prawns, then drain well and pat dry. In the flour, lightly coat the prawns and sear the first side for about a minute. Flip and sear the other side for only 30 seconds, then proceed with Step 4.
6. If using fish, cook the same as the chicken breast. This sauce is perfect for economical fish as it has a strong flavour.
Serving: 166g, Calories: 323cal (16%) | Carbohydrates: 23g (8%) | Protein: 28g (56%) | Fat: 13g (20%) | Saturated Fat: 7g (44%) | Cholesterol: 107mg (36%) | Sodium: 400mg (17%) | Potassium: 486mg (14%) | Sugar: 21g (23%) | Vitamin A: 350IU (7%) | Vitamin C: 2mg (2%) | Calcium: 12mg (1%) | Iron: 1mg (6%)
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.