Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking: 30 min | Total: 40 | Servings: 4 | Yield: 4 servings
Roasted cabbage can make you re-evaluate your relationship with this vegetable, which is often ignored. It turns out to be crispy, addictively tasty, and it makes one incredible side dish. If you don’t roast your cabbage, then I’m here to tell you that it’s time to start. It comes out brown and super tasty and nutty. So drive your memories out or sad, soggy boiled chicken, and get ready to fall in love with chicken. When it comes to cooking cabbage, it is a serious game-changer. Roasted cabbage is one of the simplest and most delicious ways to consume a hundred vegetables for your dinner. What are you waiting for? Try this recipe for Roasted Cabbage, and enjoy it with your family and friends.
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
(½) head green cabbage, cut into 4 wedges
(1) pinch garlic powder
(1) pinch red pepper flakes
(1) pinch salt and ground black pepper
(2) eaches lemons halved
1. Preheat oven at about 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
2. Brush olive oil both sides of each cabbage wedge, then sprinkle with garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper over each wedge. Arrange the wedges on a baking sheet.
3. In the preheated oven, roast it for 15 minutes, flip cabbage and continue roasting until browned and charred in some areas for 15 minutes more. Squeeze the lemon over each wedge.
1. When cutting into wedges, keep the core attached to the cabbage to help it hold together.
2. If you roast cabbage, you want the sweet nuttiness you get with rusty broccoli from caramelization and browning. But because cabbage is much denser than broccoli, like cauliflower, it helps to treat it in a slightly different way, cutting it into fat slices for maximum texture.
3. Consider swapping in these roasted cabbage strands if you get sick of spaghetti squash and zucchini noodles. Slice the cabbage into thin steaks and, once roasted, twirl it like pasta right up.
Per Serving: 99.3 calories; 0 mg cholesterol; 65.4 mg sodium; 2 g protein; 8.9 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.