“Scampi” is one of those words that makes my heart beat faster. You can’t easily forget it has such a savory, garlic buttery taste. Easily use shrimp in this recipe, but shrimp, depending on where you live, are expensive and sometimes difficult to find. This recipe uses chicken, instead, and who doesn’t like a good chicken? This fine chicken recipe will certainly become your household’s quick favorite. It does not light up on the flavor of calories and fat, particularly with that rich lemon wine sauce.
6 ounces dry whole-grain spaghetti or angel hair pasta
1 pound chicken, cut into small pieces
2 T lemon juice, divided
A little salt and pepper
⅓ c reduced-fat butter or Smart Balance Light
¼ t salt
Fresh ground pepper, to taste
1 T fresh garlic, minced
¾ c white wine (see tip)
¼ c reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 tsp all-purpose flour
Chives for garnish, optional
1. Prepare the pasta, follow as directed by the package.
2. Pour 1 tbsp of lemon juice and some salt and pepper on chicken. In a large nonstick with spray and heat over medium heat.
3. Add chicken pieces and cook on either side for 4 minutes or until finished. Take the chicken to a plate and put it aside.
4. Wipe the pot with a towel in paper and coat it with extra cooking spray. In the pot, add butter, salt, potatoes, and garlic. Stir occasionally for one minute. In a bowl, add wine, chicken broth, and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice leftover. Cook it in medium-high heat until boiling begins.
5. Turn heat into medium and cook until the mixture is reduced to around 3⁄4 cup for about 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Add a meal to the sauce and mix it with a whisk. Saute for about 1-minute over medium heat. Mix cooked chicken, mix until thoroughly heated.
You can replace white wine with additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.