Bundt cakes are very pretty and easy to make just like this Italian Cream Bundt Cake. The mixture of coconut, pecans, and cream cheese is plain irresistible. It’s a fantastic cake, one of the favorites that I usually serve when I have guests coming over. This never disappoints, gorgeous, and delicious!
FOR THE CAKE:
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup milk
FOR THE GLAZE:
4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 to 3 tablespoons milk
HOW TO MAKE ITALIAN CREAM BUNDT CAKE
TO MAKE THE CAKE:
1. Prepare the oven. Preheat it to 350 degrees F. Then, line with parchment paper or aluminum foils your baking sheet and grease well a 10 or 20 cup bundt pan.
2. In a single layer, evenly spread the pecans and coconut on the baking sheet. Place inside the oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, while frequently stirring. Cook until the coconut is lightly browned, then, set aside to cool.
3. In a bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
4. Beat using an electric meter on medium speed the butter, sugar, and brown sugar, When the mixture is light and fluffy, add in the eggs one at a time. Make sure to mix well after each addition, then, mix in the vanilla.
5. Before adding the flour mixture, reduce first the speed of the mixer to low. Add in three portions, alternating with two portions of milk. Mix until incorporated.
6. Set aside two tablespoons each of toasted pecans and coconut for garnish.
7. Stir in the remaining pecans and coconut into the cake batter.
8. Pour and spread evenly the cake batter into the prepared bundt pan. Place inside the oven and bake for about 50 to 60 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the middle of the cake, when it comes out clean it is done.
9. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for 20 minutes.
10. After the cake is slightly cooled, transfer the cake to a serving plate by carefully flipping it. Cool completely.
TO MAKE THE GLAZE:
1. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed the cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla until smooth and well combined.
2. Mix in 2 tablespoons of milk. Make sure to add more milk a portion at a time if needed to reach your desired consistency. The ideal consistency is thick but still be pourable.
3. Dump the glaze over the cooled cake and garnish with reserved pecans and coconut. Enjoy!
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.