Prep: 15 min | Additional: 30 min | Total: 45 min | Serving: 4 | Yield: 4 servings
Whether you’re calling this a cucumber salad or a tomato salad, one thing is for sure always serve this Italian Tomato Cucumber Salad with crusty bread. The freshness of the ingredients in every recipe has a major effect on the final product. It is particularly true when only a few main ingredients are needed in the recipe.
I’m not a lover of vegetables and fruits growing up, I mean so much that my mom would scare me from going to the hospital because I don’t have enough vitamins in my body, but my mom used to make this and the bright colors still catch my eye. I tried eating so I can get nutrients from fresh vegetables and fruits. The main source of the antioxidant lycopene, linked to many health benefits, including the lower risk of heart and cancer, is tomatoes. These also represent an excellent source of vitamin C, potassium, folate, and vitamin K. While Cucumbers have a gentle, soothing taste and a high content of water. They will help ease hunger and are pleasant to eat in hot weather. People eat cucumber as tasty food, but it’s fruit. Those beauty products also feature it. Try this recipe for Italian Tomato Cucumber Salad, and enjoy the delicious and healthy benefits of this salad.
(4) eaches Tomatoes, red, ripe, raw
(½) red onion
(½) Cucumber, with peel, raw
3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil NOI
1 tbsp Fresh Oregano
(1) pinch Salt, table
1. Add and mix tomatoes, red onion, cucumber, olive oil, oregano, salt, and black pepper in a bowl, stir to coat. Let it sit to blend the flavors for 30 minutes.
1. Split into quarters (lengthwise) for big cucumbers, and slice into 1⁄4 inch slices. Cut in half (longitudinally) for small to medium scale and slice into 1⁄4 inch half-moons.
2. If you want, you can choose to use cherry tomatoes.
3. You can make this salad ahead, just leave it at room temperature.
Per Serving: 128 calories; 0 mg cholesterol; 8.5 mg sodium; 1.6 g protein; 8.1 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.