Prep: 25mins | Cook: 1hr 15mins | Total: 1hr 40mins | Servings: 7 | Yield: 7 servings
It’s probably a dish to die for, and I get nothing but positive comments from people trying it. An enchilada is a tortilla of corn, which is rolled around a filling and with a savory sauce. You can pack enchiladas with various ingredients like meats, cheese, beans, potatoes, vegetables, or combinations.
(3) Chicken breast, meat only, broilers or fryers, raw
1 tsp spices, pepper, red or cayenne
½ tsp spices, garlic powder
(1) pinch salt, table
2 tbsp butter, with salt
(1) large Onions, raw
(2) Peppers, jalapeno, raw
(1) (8 oz) package Cheese, cream
1 tbsp Spices, garlic powder
½ tsp Spices, pepper, red or cayenne
½ tsp Spices, paprika
½ tsp Spices, chili powder
½ tsp cumin, ground
(1) (28 oz) can Green Enchilada Sauce
(7) eaches flour tortilla (7-8 inch)
8 ounces Cheese, Monterey
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Add and season chicken breasts with a tsp of cayenne pepper, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Place it into a baking dish.
3. Bake until the chicken is no longer pink inside, and the juices run clear about 45 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cooling, and shred the chicken with (2) forks. Set chicken aside.
4. Heat butter over medium heat and cook the onion and jalapenos until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes in a large nonstick skillet, and then stir in the cream cheese in chunks, and allow the cream cheese to melt and soften. Stir in cream cheese, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, paprika, chili powder, and cumin. Add and mix in cooked chicken meat; remove from heat.
5. Pour half green enchilada sauce into the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish. Lay tortillas out onto a work surface, and place chicken mixture in a line down the center of each tortilla, and then sprinkle with about a tbsp of Monterey Jack cheese per tortilla. Roll up the tortillas, and place into the sauce in the dish, seam sides down, and then pour the remaining sauce over the enchiladas. Add and sprinkle the remaining 4 ounces of Monterey Jack cheese over the top.
6. Bake until the filling is hot and bubbling and the cheese has melted, 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven.
Per Serving: 583.5 calories; 122.9 mg cholesterol; 598.8 mg sodium; 28.7 g protein; 38.4 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.