A dish of jalapeno cream cheese and shredded chicken is served in my favorite local Mexican restaurant. I experimented with and produced dishes containing both of these ingredients. These creamy enchiladas are probably as popular in your home as in my home. For this recipe, I have many requests. For marriages, I place the recipe as a present in a pleasant casserole dish.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon garlic powder
salt and ground black pepper to taste
2 tablespoons butter
1 large onion, minced
2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
1 tablespoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon ground cumin
1 (28 oz) can green enchilada sauce
7 flour tortillas
8 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
1. Preheat oven at about 175 ° C (350 ° F).
2. Season chicken breasts with 1 tsp cayenne, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Set in a baking dish.
3. Put the chicken into the preheated oven and cook it for about 45 minutes, so that the juice is clear. Allow cool chicken, and shred using 2 forks. Put aside the chicken.
4. In a large saucepan, heat butter and simmer the onion and jalapenos for about 5 minutes; mix in a sliced cream from the cheese and allow the cheese to melt and soften. Mix cream cheese, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, paprika, chili powder, and cumin together. Mix chicken meat in the mixture; remove heat.
5. Pour the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish on half of the sauce of the green enchilada. Place the tortillas out on the surface and sprinkle with approximately 1 tablespoon Monterey Jack of cheese per tortilla, placing the chicken mixture down into a line in the center. Roll out the tortillas and add the rest of the sauce over the enchiladas to the dish, sift down on the sides. Sprinkle 4 ounces of Jack Monterey over the top of the remaining cheese.
6. In a preheated oven, bake it for 30 to 35 minutes or until filling is warm and cheese is melted.
When you cut the hot peppers, wear disposable gloves; the oils can burn your skin.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.