Prep time: 30 min | Cook: 1 hr 20 min | Total: 1 hr 50 min | Servings: 20 | Yield: 1 10-inch Bundth cake
The Jim’s Apple Raisin Pound Cake with Praline Glaze is so moist and filled with apples and pecans, then smothered in a praline glaze — a perfect dessert for gratitude or Christmas. Try this one out, and make your version of this recipe. Don’t’ forget to enjoy this Apple Raisin Pound Cake with Praline Glaze with the people you cherished the most.
(3) cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp ground allspice
1 tsp salt
1 ½ cups vegetable oil
2 cups white sugar
(3) cups apples – peeled, cored and shredded
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup raisins
½ cup white sugar
½ cup light brown sugar
½ cup half-and-half cream
¼ tsp salt
½ cup butter softened
1 cup chopped pecans
¼ tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 10-inch Bundt pan. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, allspice, and a tsp of salt.
2. In a large bowl, add and mix vegetable oil, 2 cups of sugar, eggs, apples, a cup of pecans, and raisins. Add and mix flour mixture into the wet ingredients, and pour the batter into the prepared Bundt pan.
3. Bake it for 70 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out with moist crumbs in the preheated oven. In the pan, cool for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
4. For the glaze: In a saucepan, mix 1/2 c of white sugar, the brown sugar, half and half, and 1/4 tsp of salt. Bring it to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and boil for 5 to 10 minutes until the mixture thickens to a syrup, stirring constantly. A candy thermometer will read 220 degrees F (105 degrees C). At that point, stir in butter, a cup of pecans, and vanilla extract, continue to cook and stir until it (the syrup) reaches 234 degrees F (110 degrees C). Let the glaze cool for 5 minutes, then spread the warm glaze over the cake.
Per Serving: 492.4 calories; 51.6 mg cholesterol; 259.9 mg sodium; 4.7 g protein; 52.9 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.