Prep time: 5 mins | Cook time: 5 mins | Total time: 10 mins | Serves: 12 taquitos
Made with only four ingredients and ready in less than ten minutes, nothing is simpler than this delicious Keto Jalapeño Popper Taquitos. You can never go wrong with this recipe, and it is perfect if you love low-carb appetizers and quick snacks. You can also make this in advance and simply reheat it in the oven for a few minutes.
6 Mozzarella Cheese Slices
½ c. Cream Cheese
¼ c. Pickled Jalapeños (diced)
¼ c. Shredded Havarti Cheese
How to make Keto Jalapeño Popper Taquitos
Step 1: Prepare the oven. Preheat it to 400 degrees F.
Step 2: Combine the softened cream cheese, diced pickled jalapeños, and shredded Havarti cheese in a small bowl. Heat for about 25 to 30 seconds in the microwave.
Step 3: In half, cut the slices of cheese. Onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, place the cheese slices. Put in the preheated oven and bake for about 4 to 5 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
Step 4: Remove from the oven when done and allow the cheese to cool for at least a minute or two. Now, flip upside down and add a couple of spoonfuls of the jalapeño cream cheese on the edges of the shells. Roll each shell tightly into a cigar shape, making sure to do this as quickly as possible before the cheese hardens.
1. To line a baking sheet, use parchment paper and not waxed paper.
2. When reheating, bake in a 350 degrees F preheated oven for about 4 to 5 minutes if cold and less if room temperature.
3. Allowing the cheese shell for a minute isn’t necessary but I do this to make the taquitos look a little prettier.
4. If desired, you can use fresh jalapenos in place of the pickled jalapenos.
5. To make this dish less spicy, I suggest removing the seeds of the jalapeno.
1 Batch of Keto Jalapeño Popper Taquitos = 6 Servings
1 Serving/2 Taquitos = 136 Calories | 11.3 g Fat | 1.2 g Carbs | 0.2 g Fibre | 7.5 g Protein
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.