I like this recipe does not require many ingredients, but it still yields incredibly tasteful finishing results thanks to this bright lemon and this creamy butter. With this recipe, the chicken breasts are covered in the quick lemon pot sauce and are perfectly tender. Oddly, this is a recipe that you would like to repeat! I like sprinkled chicken dinners, I mean when you have the time it’s good to have a roasted lemon chicken, but this simplicity and buttery sauce make me prefer that recipe.
The brown bits from the bottom of the pan give it a deep taste and the chicken broth helps to scratch them and provide a good consistency of the pan sauce. The lemon then adds the perfect aroma to the chicken and makes it nice and rich with butter. It only needs to be tried. One of my chicken side dishes, like steamed or roasted asparagus or broccoli, I like serving orzo too, I love how the orzo goes, the perfect match. Rice cauliflower would be a healthier alternative to the orzo as well.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
4 (5 oz) (pounded to even 1/3-inch thickness) chicken breasts
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp of unsalted butter (sliced into 1 tbsp pieces), divided
1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp fresh lemon zest
1 1/2 tbsp minced of fresh parsley (optional)
1. Pour in salt and pepper to taste on each side of the chicken.
2. In a shallow dish, put the flour then dredge each side of the chicken breast one by one.
3. Over medium-high heat, heat a 12-inch skillet.
4. Add olive oil, 1 tbsp of butter, let the butter melt, and put in single layer chicken breasts.
5. Sear the bottom until golden brown for about 4-5 minutes invert to cook until chicken reaches 165 degrees at about 4-5 minutes longer.
6. Transfer the chicken into a plate, leaving some excess oil in the pot.
7. Reduce heat to medium, add garlic and saute for 20 seconds or until golden brown, and then add the chicken broth while browning.
8. Add lemon juice and cook, slightly decrease heat and simmer until liquid decreases about half for about 2 minutes.
9. Add 3 tbsp butter and lemon zest, stir to melt the butter.
10. Return chicken to skillet with a spoon sauce over the chicken and garnish with parsley. Serve warm.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.