Prep. time: 30 mins | Additional: 1 hr and 30 mins | Total: 2 hrs| Servings: 8| Yield: 1-9 inch pie
This sweet, pillowy Lemon Cloud Pie is one of my favorite desserts of all time-refreshing and delicious, ideal for a warm summer evening, and a great finish to any meal. The “cloud” is whipped egg whites, freshly infused with lemon. Then refrigerate it in a pre-baked pie crust. It’ll be so nice and cool when it comes out – a perfect ending to dinner. This lemon cloud pastry is an intense flavor of lemon in the best way possible. It’s sweet and toasty and strong enough to pick up the pie with your hands to eat it literally.
Lemons can help with weight loss and lower your risk of heart disease, anemia, kidney stones, digestive problems, and cancer. My mom introduced me to this, growing up, I hate lemon. Eating this treat, she told me, is a practice for me to conquer what I feel about lemons. And sure enough, it’s working. Whenever I serve this, I always remember the time I struggle to hold even the lemons. It is funny to me, but it’s very memorable. I hope that this recipe will please you as much as I like.
(1) (9 inches) pie crust, baked
¾ cup white sugar
3 tbsp cornstarch
1 cup of water
1 tsp lemon zest
¼ cup lemon juice
1 (3 oz) package cream cheese
¼ cup white sugar
1. In a saucepan, add and mix 3/4 cup sugar, cornstarch, water, lemon peel, and juice, and egg yolks. Beat well. Stir until thick while cooking over medium heat; it will thicken as it begins to boil.
2. Take the saucepan off the heat. Add cream cheese to the lemon mixture, then stir until absorbed.
3. Beat egg whites in a small bowl until stiff; add remaining 1/4 cup sugar. Fold sweetened egg whites into lemon mixture.
4. Spoon the filling into the shell, and then let it chill.
Per Serving: 246.1 calories; 58.2 mg cholesterol; 151.2 mg sodium; 3.1 g protein; 36.6 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.