Servings: 10 | Yield: 1-2 quart cake
The secret to these tangy lemon desserts is to bake them in a hot-water bath. It will help the dessert to stay creamy, custard beneath their golden and cakey tops. Honestly, I am not a fan of lemon, but I love custard, so when I first heard this recipe, I was thinking twice to make my version of this, but my love for custard overpowers me, and that I think is the best decision I made.
It is one of the creamiest, most moist, and lemon cakes ever. The hardest thing is to decide how you’d like to eat this cake. It is excellent warm, cold, and room temperature. It is a great dessert by itself, but it’s also great with a sprinkling of confectioner’s sugar, or with ice cream. It is just plain lemon paradise. Also, this cake is even better the next day.
6 tbsp butter, melted
6 tbsp all-purpose flour
2 cups white sugar
1 ½ cups milk
1 ½ tbsp grated lemon zest
2 tbsp lemon juice
¼ cup confectioners’ sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven at about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 2-quart baking dish. Separate the eggs.
2. Combine flour, butter, and 1 1/2 cups of the white sugar in a large bowl.
3. Beat egg yolks, and add the sugar mixture along with milk and lemon zest. Mix well and add the lemon juice.
4. Beat egg white until stiff in a separate bowl, add the remaining 1/2 cup of white sugar slowly. Fold egg whites into the batter, and then pour the batter into the prepared dish.
5. In a shallow pan of hot water, place the dish and bake for 55 to 60 minutes at about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), or until light brown. Sprinkle confectioner’s sugar on top before serving, serve warm.
1. You can keep the leftovers refrigerated until you’re ready to serve this again.
2. If you don’t have a shallow pan, you can bake this using individual custard cups.
Per Serving: 293.2 calories; 95.6 mg cholesterol; 92.3 mg sodium; 4.3 g protein; 49 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.