This Lemon Meringue Cheesecake is made from a cracker crust of graham butter, smooth cheesecake, tart lemon curd, and toasted meringue! The flavors are simply amazing, and it is a classic dessert that is my new favorite Lemon Meringue Pie cheesecake. This recipe blends all those incredible flavors for a dessert that will top your list with rich and lush cheesecake. New lemons and lemon zest make the perfect lemon filling.
2 cups shortbread cookie crumbs
1/4 cup melted butter
3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup sour cream
1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 lemon, zested
4 egg whites
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 tsp cream of tartar (optional)
1 1/2 cups lemon curd
1. Preheat the oven at about 325 ° F (165 ° C).
2. In a bowl, blend the cookie crumbs and the melted butter until they have uniformly mixed. Press into the bottom of a springform 9-inch pan.
3. Mix cream cheese and 1 c in sugar, sour cream until smooth and fluffy, in an electric mixer. Add eggs, beat well after each addition, one at a time. Mix the lemon juice, vanilla extract, and lemon zest into cream cheese mixture, scrub the bowl’s bottom and sides. In the springform pan, spread mixture over cookie crust.
4. Bake for around 1 hour in the preheated oven until almost in the middle. Drop to room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 3 to 4 hours until fully cooled.
5. Preheat the oven at about 375 ° F (190 ° C).
6. Beat the egg whites in a bowl using an electric mixer until soft peaks are formed; add 1/4 cup tartar sugar and cream and beat until the peaks are stiff, but not dry.
7. Use a lemon curd to spread over cheesecake. Add whipped egg whites over the curd, screwing the edges around.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes, until meringue is golden brown. Chill uncovered, around 1 hour, in the refrigerator.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.