Prep: 25 mins | Cook: 35mins | Additional: 1 hr | Total: 2 hrs | Serving: 12 | Yield: 2 dozen
Everybody likes dessert, do you agree? So while a decadent sweet treat is fun now and then, I tend to select treats that have as much health value as possible – for me as well as for my kiddos. My favorite dessert recipes are not a lot of sugar, but still yummy. Bars are among the easiest sweets and treats to produce. Just mix the batter, pour it into a saucepan, and bake it. It doesn’t need for lengthy periods of scooping small portions or standing at the stove. I love anything that makes meals easier to prepare. And these delicious Lemon Zucchini Bars make the dessert amazing but also contain vegetables. Try this recipe for Lemon Zucchini Bars, and don’t forget to enjoy it with your family and friends. It’s a great way to sneak in some extra veggies, particularly if you happen to have picky eater kiddo.
(1 ¼) cups Sugars, granulated
(1) cup Oil, vegetable corn, salad or cooking
(3) Egg, whole, raw, fresh
2 tsp Lemon peel, raw
¼ cup Lemon juice, raw
(1 ¾) cups Zucchini, raw
2 cups of Wheat flour, white, all-purpose, enriched, bleached
¼ tsp Leavening agents, baking powder, double-acting, sodium aluminum sulfate
2 tsp Leavening agents, baking soda
1 tsp Salt, table
1 cup Nuts, walnuts, English
⅓ cup Sugars, powdered
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, add and combine sugar, oil, eggs, lemon rind, and lemon juice; mix well. Stir in shredded zucchini.
3. Add and combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in another bowl. Gradually add this mixture to the zucchini mixture. Stir until thoroughly combined, and then mix in the walnuts.
4. Add and pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 35 to 45 minutes, cool.
5. Sprinkle top with sifted confectioners’ sugar and cut into bars.
Per Serving: 417.2 calories; 46.5 mg cholesterol; 433.6 mg sodium; 5.4 g protein; 42.6 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.