All of us know that the loaded Chili baked potato soup is the best, loaded in every bite from the creamy baked potato base with bits of cheddar and bacon. This is also the perfect recipe for any remaining baked pumpkin. Now, if you’re a “texture” person, the type of potato determines the texture of the finished soup. Some of the parts can be produced in advance, which can truly reduce the time in the kitchen in the evening. It is possible to cook and crumble the bacon ahead of time, to cuts chives and keep them in the refrigerator, and to keep the potatoes in a cooling position.
2 medium potatoes
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup white onion, diced
2 tablespoons flour
4 cups chicken stock
2 cups of water
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 1/2 cups instant mashed potatoes
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/8 teaspoon thyme
1 cup half and half
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
1/4 cup cooked bacon, crumbled, divided
2 green onions, used green part only, (chopped and divided)
1. Preheat oven about 400 degrees F, bake the potatoes for 1 hour, or till cook. Remove from the oven and cool the baked potatoes.
2. Prepare soup in a large pan as the potatoes cool, melt it with butter and sauté onion it to light brown. Fill the onions with flour and mix to create a roux.
3. Stir and bring to a boil, add the stock, water, cornstarch, mashed potatoes, and spices. Shrink heat and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Cut potatoes into half lengthwise and scoop out large spoon contents. Throw away the skin. Cut baked potatoes into pieces which are approximately 1/2 “in size with a big knife.
5. In the pan, add half-and-half baked potato chopped. Bring your soup back to the boil, then reduce heat and cook until thick for 15 minutes.
6. Spoon in a bowl around 1⁄2 cup of soup and add a tablespoon of shredded cheddar, half a tablespoon of crumbled bacon, and a tea cube of green onion. Repeat the rest of the portions.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.