All my pizza craving problems have now been solved by the low carb pizza casserole! This delicate pizza casserole, packed in all the flavors of pizza, sauce, pepperoni, sauce, mushrooms, and many kinds of cheese, skips traditional pasta and replaces it with cauliflower. It is a casserole without gluten, that is so good that you’re not even going to miss the crust.
14 oz (cut into but-size) cauliflower florets
½ tsp Salt
2.5 ounces Pepperoni
2 pounds Italian Sausage
1 tbsp Olive Oil
8 ounces Mushrooms, sliced
1 Green Pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
12 ounces Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1.5 cups Low Carb Pasta Sauce, I recommend Rao’s Homemade Marinara
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, powdered
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
1. Mist the cauliflower. In a microwave-safe bowl, place the cauliflower that has been cut and add 1 cup of water. Cover the cauliflower with a moist paper towel and microwave approximately three minutes high. Make sure that you don’t overcook it.
2. Drain and dab the cauliflower with a paper towel and set aside.
3. Preheat oven at about 400 degrees F
4. Cook the Italian sausage in a wide pan over medium-high heat for about 15 minutes. Drain the excess fat of cooking and set aside when the sausage is cooked.
5. Over medium-high heat in the same skillet with olive oil, saute mushrooms for 10 min. until it expels the excess water.
6. Prepare a 13×9 inch casserole plate by spraying the plate on the bottom with a non-stick spray and then spread 1/2 cup pasta sauce.
7. Add the cauliflower, Italian cooked sausage, mushrooms, and green peppers into a large bowl. Toss and mix well.
8. Add 1/2 of the mixture in the pan. Top 1/2 cup of pasta, 1⁄2 cup of pepperonis, add pepperonis in between other toppings. Followed by 6 ounces of mozzarella cheese.
9. Spread the remaining toppings over the cheese, followed by the pepperonis (keep 10 slices of pepperonis for the garnishing) and the remaining 1⁄2 tablespoon of pasta and 6 ounces of mozzarella.
10. In a bowl, combine Parmesan cheese with Italian seasoning.
11. In the casserole, add the Parmesan mixture and top with the remaining pepperoni
12. Bake and place in the oven for 30 minutes or until the casserole are warmed and the cheese is completely melted.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.