When I take this bubbling beauty out of the oven, and the stretchy cheese shot, brace yourself for the heart-stopping moment in the recipe video. Put me in a Macaroni Cheese space, and there’s no chance either of us stands. Mac and Cheese had said they would be devastated. And this is my favorite of all the Macs and Cheeses in the country. Baked with cheese and mac. It’s almost universal comfort food, with so many combinations! In fact, I have hardly posted this recipe, because there are many mac and cheese recipes available in so, and most people already have their favorite way of making it.
Mac and cheese are one recipe that can take on so many different shapes. I love it wherever I can get it, but it’s my favorite baked mac and cheese, and I’m going to tell you why. I sometimes use breadcrumbs for my topping, but it’s just that much better for a Panko filled mac and cheese. I blend with the Panko in Parmesan, butter, and paprika so it crisps up perfectly and gets a lovely golden brown color when this amazing homemade mac and cheese is cooked.
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup light cream
1/2 tsp dry mustard powder
1 tsp onion powder
salt & pepper to taste
1 can of condensed cream cheddar soup (optional)
4 cups sharp cheddar divided
1/2 cup fresh parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven at about 425 degrees C.
2. Cook macaroni as directed by box.
3. Drain under cold water, and ride.
4. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
5. Whisk in flour and allow to cook while stirring for 2 minutes.
6. Slowly whisk the onion powder, salt, and pepper in cream, milk, mustard powder to taste.
7. Cook over medium heat, stir until thickened.
8. Remove from heat and stir in cheese with parmesan & 3 cups of cheddar cheese until melted.
9. Add soup if desired
10. Whisk together cheese sauce & macaroni noodles.
11. Pour into a greased tray of 9 inclines13.
12. Top with leftover cheese.
13. Bake for 18-24 minutes, or bubbly until.
14. Don’t over-cook them.
15. Refrigerate 10-15 minutes before serving.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.