Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking: 10 mins | Additional: 30 mins | Total: 50 mins | Servings: 5 | Yield: 5 servings
You just don’t mess around with the classics sometimes. Although some might look at this recipe for macaroni salads and think it’s too easy (where is the twist? what makes it special? Shouldn’t it be harder than this?), that’s precisely why it’s a long-proven favorite. A good summer recipe, our recipe for Macaroni Salad is good for meetings or celebrations, Bbq’s, lunches or dinners, or even as a side dish.
We are four in the family, and we have a tradition when we celebrate our birthdays. My mother and brother are big fans of spaghetti, so we serve spaghetti whenever we celebrate their birthdays, and my father and I love macaroni, and so we serve macaroni during our birthdays. It also occurs during the celebration of Christmas and New Year, we all decide not to serve these two dishes together with each other.
3 cups elbow macaroni
1 ½ cups mayonnaise
(⅓) large onion, minced
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
2 tbsp prepared yellow mustard
2 tsp rice vinegar
(1) tsp white sugar, or more to taste
¾ tsp celery seed
½ tsp salt
(3) hard-cooked eggs, chopped
1. Take a big, lightly salted pot of water to a boil. Cook the elbow macaroni for 8 minutes in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through, but firm to the bite.
2. Rinse the macaroni in the cold water until cool, then drain.
3. In a bowl, stir mayonnaise, onion, parsley, mustard, rice vinegar, sugar, celery seed, and salt; then, add and stir macaroni and eggs to coat.
4. Let it chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator before serving.
1. Don’t overcook or it gets mushy bits that don’t stand up with the other ingredients. Cook, it al denté as your favorite Italian pasta will, and when it chills, the macaroni will become rigid. The ideal bite can be ensured by observing your cooking time and cooking to the directions of the box. And, to be sure, when your cooking time comes to an end, taste checks every minute or so.
Per Serving: 782.8 calories; 152.3 mg cholesterol; 718.8 mg sodium; 14 g protein; 53.4 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.