We all have comfort foods that we want to eat whenever we feel down or it’s just raining on a Sunday afternoon while listening to our favourite songs on the radio. Well, for me it’s Chicken Noodles. My mom used to cook this for me when I was little. It’s time for you to experience this amazing and simple recipe! Enjoy!
1 pkg frozen egg noodles, 24 ounce
2 can(s) cream of chicken soup, 14.7 oz each; sometimes I use 1 can chicken and 1 can cream of celery
1 stick (1/2) cup butter – cut into pieces
1 can(s) chicken broth, 32 oz; may want extra to thin out if too thick. The frozen noodles thicken the broth.
mixed vegetables, optional; I didn’t use this time
1 tsp Better Than Bullion, optional; I add for a richer chicken flavour
6 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 4 large
salt & pepper, to taste; can add some parsley too if desired
1. Add salt and pepper to chicken breasts to taste.
2. Place the chicken breasts n the bottom of the Crock-Pot.
3. Gently cover the chicken with the soup. (Use a spoon)
4. Cut the butter into several cube-shaped pats and distribute evenly over the soup.
5. In a small container, pour in the broth and whisk in the bouillon.
6. Pour in the broth into the soup.
7. Place the lid on the crock-pot and cook for 6 hours in low heat.
8. Remove the chicken and shred into small pieces using your hands.
9. Put back the chicken into the pot.
10. Add the noodles. (You may also add vegetables if you want to)
11. Cook for another 2 hours. in this stage, we have different preferences on the desired tenderness of the noodles so, check and stir from time to time until you achieve your desired tenderness.
12. Add more broth when you’re done cooking as the soup will be thick because of the homemade noodles.
13. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley for colour and extraordinary taste!
14. You may add salt and pepper depending on your taste. Enjoy!
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.