Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 30 mins | Total time: 40 mins | Servings: 6
This is pretty much the star side dish to our every Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday meals. Irresistible sweet maple pecan topping and the captivating sunrise colour of these Roasted Sweet Potato Slices utter festivity and happiness!
2 lbs sweet potatoes scrubbed, peeled if desired, and sliced crosswise into ½” rounds
2 tbsp melted butter
salt and pepper to taste
¼ c. maple syrup
1 tbsp brown sugar more or less to taste
½ c. chopped pecans
How to make Maple Pecan Roasted Sweet Potato Slices
Step 1: Prepare the oven. Preheat it to 450 degrees F. And using aluminium foil, line a rimmed baking sheet.
Step 2: In melted butter with salt and pepper, toss the sweet potatoes, then in an even layer, spread them on the prepared baking sheet. Place in the preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes until the bottoms of the sweet potatoes are beginning to brown.
Step 3: Mix the maple syrup, brown sugar, and chopped pecans. After flipping the slices of sweet potatoes, evenly divide the maple syrup mixture over the sweet potatoes. Return to the oven and bake for 5 minutes more until the syrup is bubbly.
1. To make this completely naturally sweetened, omit the brown sugar.
2. You can substitute butter with something like coconut oil to make this dairy-free and vegan.
3. Or you can use walnuts instead of pecans.
1. It is very important to slice the potatoes into inch pieces or the roasting time on this recipe will be off.
2. For the tastiest topping, try putting the maple syrup into the centre of each sweet potato round.
3. Feel free to add a hint of your preferred spice like cinnamon, allspice, a pinch of nutmeg, or even pumpkin pie spice.
You can make this ahead by prepping what you need. Keep the sliced sweet potatoes in an airtight container tent with a layer of damp paper towels. Make sure to tightly seal the container lid. In a small jar, combine maple syrup, and brown sugar. And keep the chopped pecans separately.
Serving: 1 serving, Calories: 278kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 85mg | Potassium: 577mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 21450IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 1mg
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.