Prep. time: 30 mins | Cooking: 30 mins | Additional: 1 hr| Total: 2 hrs| Servings: 12| Yield: 12 servings
This Margarita cake is flavored with lime for a moist and soft, margarita-style cake. It’s certainly a new favorite. Finally, the sweet-sour combination, which is common in Key lime treats, is available in a cake. It’s a fresh, delicious break from a dessert. It is one of the best cakes I’ve ever made with my husband. It is the best lime cake, seriously. Enjoy this mouthwatering cake with your family.
1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
(3) egg whites
1 (10 fluid ounce) can frozen margarita mix (such as Bacardi®), thawed
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp grated lime peel
1 tbsp lime juice
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
(½) cup unsalted butter softened
1 tbsp grated lemon peel
1 tbsp lime juice
5 cups confectioners’ sugar
1. Preheat the oven at about 175 degrees C (350 degrees F). Then, grease and flour a 9×13-inch cake pan.
2. Beat the cake mix, egg whites, frozen margarita mix, vegetable oil, lime zest, and a tbsp of lime juice together in a big mixing bowl. Pour the batter into the prepared casserole.
3. In the preheated oven, bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle, shows moist crumbs, for 30-35 minutes. As a result, the cake will be very moist. Let it cool in the pan.
4. Beat the cream cheese and butter together to make a frost until light and fluffy, and stir in lemon peel and a tbsp of lime juice. Beat a cup of confectioner ‘s sugar, one cup at a time, and after each addition scrap the bowl ‘s sides carefully with a spatula. Spread the frosting over the cooled cake.
1. I ‘d highly suggest this cake using FRESH lime juice. It changes the taste too much. Further, zest the limes first, since the limes are hard and round, much easier to zest.
2. This cake can be put in the fridge and eaten in 3 days.
3. To make a layer cake, pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake as instructed in step 3, grease and flour 2 8-inch round cake pans. Cool the cakes in their pans for 15 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to finish refrigerating. Make as directed the frosting.
Per Serving: 566.6 calories; 40.8 mg cholesterol; 371.7 mg sodium; 4.3 g protein; 91.9 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.