Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 25 mins | Servings: 6
This is my new favourite chicken dinner – incredibly creamy, juicy, and super flavorful. It’s crazy amazing and the best chicken recipe!
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp olive oil
3 large boneless and skinless chicken breasts sliced into thin cutlets
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
3 cloves garlic minced
6 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 c. chicken stock
1 c. heavy cream (double cream in the UK)
½ c. Parmesan cheese grated
¼ tsp oregano
¼ tsp thyme
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tbsp fresh basil leaves
⅓ c. sundried tomatoes chopped
How to make Marry Me Chicken
Step 1: With salt and pepper, season the chicken. Dredge the chicken in flour, shaking the excess off.
Step 2: Heat the olive oil and melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Swirl the pan to evenly coat the bottom of the pan.
Step 3: In the hot pan, add the chicken in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan. Cook the chicken for about 4 to 5 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through. When done, transfer the chicken to a plate. Tent to keep warm and set aside.
Step 4: In the same pan, saute the garlic for about a minute or until aromatic. Pour in the chicken stock, then scrape any bits from the bottom of the pan using a wooden spoon. Decrease the heat to medium-low before adding in the heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. Let the sauce simmer for a few minutes, then season with chilli flakes, thyme, and oregano.
Step 5: To taste, season with salt and pepper. Then, add the sundried tomatoes. Return the chicken to the skillet and allow the sauce to simmer further.
Step 6: When done, remove from the heat and serve warm over pasta or rice garnished with some chopped fresh basil leaves. Enjoy!
1. If cutlets/steaks are not available, simply cut a chicken breast in half to get the same result.
2. Slicing the chicken breasts into thin cutlets, first put the chicken breast down flat on a cutting board. Place one hand flat on top of the breast and slice the breast in half using a sharp knife parallel to the cutting board to about 1/4 inch thickness. If the cutlets are thicker, pound them using a meat mallet.
3. You can substitute chicken breasts with boneless and skinless chicken thighs, keeping in mind that the chicken thighs take longer to cook.
4. For more flavour, add a bit of sundried tomatoes oil when sauteing the garlic. For this recipe, I do not recommend using single/light cream as it won’t thicken the sauce enough.
5. I highly recommend buying a block of Parmesan cheese and grate it yourself.
1. In a sealed container, place the leftovers and store them in the fridge for up to 3 days. Before reheating, add a splash of water to thin out the sauce and reheat in the oven or microwave.
2. I do not suggest freezing the creamy sauces because the texture change to grainy when frozen.
Calories: 447kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 147mg | Sodium: 601mg | Potassium: 749mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1019IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 154mg | Iron: 2mg
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.