Prep: 15 min | Total: 15 min | Serving: 8 | Yield: 5 cups
It is one of the lightest and fluffiest buttercreams I ever made. This Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting can be used to top vanilla cupcakes, chocolate cupcakes, or any cupcake you want! You could also use it with some ground-up graham crackers to make s’mores brownies.
I decided to use Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting for the most recent cupcakes I made. I searched Google, but only found egg whites, and I decided that I wanted a fast and simple Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting recipe. I usually change all of the recipes, but this one is an exemption. Try this Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting, and experience the magic it makes with your cupcakes.
2 cups butter, softened
2 ½ cups confectioners’ sugar
1 tsp almond extract
(1) (13 oz) jar marshmallow creme
1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter until butter is soft and fluffy with an electric mixer on medium. Beat in gradually the confectioners’ sugar, about 1/2 cup at a time; beat in almond extract. Fold marshmallow creme until thoroughly incorporated into the frosting.
1. If you have trouble locating the marshmallow fluff, look in your grocery store’s baking aisle. The mark may also say “jet puffed marshmallow cream” That works the same! If you’re not lucky yet, Amazon is still on option.
2. While mixing the ingredients, make sure that the confectioner’s sugar and butter are cream thoroughly before adding anything else, no visible clumps of confectioner’s sugar are visible.
3. How much coverage this frosting provides depends on how you use it. This recipe allows enough frosting to cover enough cupcakes whether you’re piping it on, or being truly decorative. When you put it on with a knife, it will cover a lot more.
4. You can make it easily in advance and place it in the fridge several days before use, and it will remain in good shape as long as it is kept cool.
Per Serving: 708.7 calories; 122 mg cholesterol; 364 mg sodium; 0.8 g protein; 75.3 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.