I’m addicted to casseroles lately. And this Mashed Potato Casserole with Crispy Chicken is on the top of my list. This recipe is pretty simple, but the result is a-ma-zing! It’s super delish, mouthwatering, and it’s chicken drizzled in gravy! And, since my daughter loves chicken, I can’t wait to let her taste this. I’m certain she’s gonna be in love!
For the Homemade Mashed Potatoes:
5 medium Russet Potatoes, of equal size
1 stick butter, softened
1 cup of half and half, warmed
Salt and pepper
For the Casserole:
5 cups of mashed potatoes
1 c. frozen corn
1 c. cheddar cheese, freshly grated
6 Tyson Chicken Strips
.87 oz. packet Brown Gravy Mix
How to make Mashed Potato Casserole with Crispy Chicken
Homemade Mashed Potatoes
1. Wash the potatoes, just leave the skins on, and make sure to pat them dry.
2. Pour enough cold water on a large pot to submerge the potatoes by 1 inch. Put 1 heaping teaspoon of salt for each quart of water. Add the potatoes.
3. Bring to a boil until the potatoes are fork-tender.
4. Drain the potatoes and carefully peel off the skins. Then, return to the pot.
5. Add the softened butter and smash to get the desired consistency.
6. Place the half and a half in the microwave and warm for 30 seconds (you can use milk instead if desired or cream for a decadent result). Add and stir into the mashed potatoes.
7. And season with salt and pepper.
Preparing the Casserole
1. Prepare the oven by preheating it to 400 degrees F.
2. For the chicken strips, let them sit at room temperature first for about 5 minutes.
3. Make sure the mashed potatoes are warm if not you should warm them first. Then, spread them on the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish.
4. Generously top the masked potatoes with corn and cheese.
5. Slice the chicken strips into desired pieces and put them over the casserole.
6. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes and the chicken slices are crisp.
7. For the gravy, prepare according to the package instruction.
8. Drizzle the gravy over the casserole dish and serve. Enjoy!
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.