Prep time: 10 min | Cooking: 20 min | Additional: 30 min | Total: 1 hr | Servings: 48 | Yield: 48 servings
I don’t know anybody who doesn’t like toffee and that toffee is delicious, addictive, and it’s melting in your mouth, that’s the title of the recipe, Melt In Your Mouth Toffee. The toffee is simple, but like any kind of candy making, being precise when making it is important for a good outcome. It is great for the holiday season to give as a hostess gift at cookie exchanges, or to set this up at parties that you are hosting. Children are not going to be able to keep their hands off that.
How great is that – particularly when everybody is so busy during the holiday season, parking lots are insane and everything I can do to save time is a bonus, more time with family and friends, less time for shopping. Don’t miss this recipe, Melt In Your Mouth Toffee, and don’t forget to enjoy this with your family and friends.
1 pound butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup chopped walnuts
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Add and combine butter, white sugar, and brown sugar in a heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stir it constantly until the mixture boils. Boil until it reaches the brittle stage, at about 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) without stirring. Remove from the heat.
2. In a 9×13 inch dish, pour nuts and chocolate chips. Pour hot mixture over the nuts and chocolate. Let it cool and break into pieces before serving.
1. If your chocolate chips are immune to melting due to the stabilizers in them (or if you wait too long before applying them to the toffee), put the baking sheet in a 300F oven for a few minutes before the chocolate chips spread smoothly.
2. Keep the toffee in cool room temperature.
3. You can add any sprinkles you want to decorate your toffees.
Per Serving: 152.7 calories; 20.3 mg cholesterol; 55.8 mg sodium; 1 g protein; 13.6 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.